There’s a leading edge WD Red drive for every compatible NAS system to help fulfill your data storage needs. With drives up to 14TB, WD Red drives offer a wide array of solutions for customers looking to build a NAS storage solution. Built for single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red drives pack the power to store your precious data in one powerhouse unit. With WD Red drives, you’re ready for what’s next.
- Specifically designed for use in NAS systems with up to 8 bays
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate
- NASware technology for compatibility
- 3-year limited warranty
- Small and home office NAS systems in a 24x7 environment
THE WESTERN DIGITAL ADVANTAGE
Western Digital puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. This testing ensures our products consistently meet the quality and reliability standards of the Western Digital brand. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles as well as helpful software and utilities. Our toll-free customer support lines are here to help or you can access our WD Support site for additional details.
Exclusive NASware™ 3.0
Not just any drive will do. In single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red drives raise the bar. Get as much as 112TB capacity, and with WD’s exclusive NASware™ technology, you can optimize every single one of them. Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves your system’s storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for optimum NAS compatibility
Desktop drives aren’t purpose-built for NAS. But WD Red drives with NASware technology are. Our exclusive technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red drives are for small NAS systems, and our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it. WD Red drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing resulting in a leading compatibility list for NAS systems.
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
In a Network Attached Storage device, a desktop hard drive is not typically designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose the drive designed for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, optimum performance is not
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a challenging And desktop drives aren’t typically designed and tested under those conditions. WD Red drives are.
- Error recovery controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS
WD Red for Home
Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices in your home. NASware 3.0 technology increases your drives’ compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more. Live in a connected world.
WD Red for Small Business
Businesses thrive on productivity and efficiency—two of the guiding principles built into the design of WD Red drives. It’s the hard drive of choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 technology allows for seamless integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. And for larger businesses with up to 24-bays, count on WD Red Pro™ drives.
WD Red Pro for Big Business
If you’re looking for maximum performance in a heavy use NAS, WD Red Pro drives deliver the same exceptional performance for the business customer. For NAS environments with 8 to 24 bays, WD Red Pro drives are designed to handle an increase in workload and comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.