WD Red ™ Plus
- Available in capacities ranging from 1-14TB with support for up to 8 bays
- 5400RPM performance class
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate
- NASware™ firmware for compatibility
- Small or medium business NAS systems in a 24x7 environment
- 3-year limited warranty
Tackle Intensity with WD Red™ Plus
Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads for SOHO customers, WD RedTM Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems. Built and tested for up to 8-bay NAS systems, these drives give you the flexibility, versa- tility, and confidence in storing and sharing your precious home and work files.
For Small or Medium Businesses
Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content with a NAS and WD Red Plus drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices at your home or busi- ness. NASware™ 3.0 technology increases your drives’ compatibility with your existing network and devices. For larger businesses with up to 24 bays, count on WD Red Pro drives to deliver exceptional performance.
Exclusive NASware 3.0
Not just any drive will do. Get up to 112TB of capacity in your 8-bay NAS system and with Western Digital’s exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize each and every drive. Built into every WD Red™ Plus hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for Optimum NAS Compatibility
WD Red Plus drives with NASware technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. Optimized for NAS systems, our unique algorithm balances performance and
reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red Plus drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it.
WD Red PLUS drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing.
WD Red Pro for Big Business
If you’re looking for heavy duty performance for NAS, WD Red Pro drives deliver excep- tional performance for the medium to large business customer with extreme demands. For NAS environments with 9 to 24 bays, WD Red Pro drives deliver uncompromising performance and unwavering assurance backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
3D Active Balance Plus
Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red Plus drive is engineered to tackle 24x7 environments.
Premium Support and a 3-year Limited Warranty
Confidently upgrade your NAS performance with the assurance of a 3-year limited warranty, coupled with world-class support services included with every WD Red Plus drive.
Desktop Drives vs. WD RedTM Plus
Do right by your NAS and choose the drive pur- pose-built for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum per- formance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one, and desktop drives aren’t typically designed and tested under those conditions like WD RedTM Plus drives
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red Plus NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive WD Red Plus drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.