- 10TB capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor
- PMR technology works with all capacity enterprise applications & environments
- Reliable, field-proven, 3rd generation design
- Superior power efficiency (Watts/TB)
- Compared to our 8TB air drives
- 25% more capacity
- 43% more power efficient (Watts/TB)
- 25% more reliable (MTBF)
- SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 12Gb/s
- 12Gb/s SAS compatible with next-gen data centers; backwards compatible with 6Gb/s SAS
- 2.5M hours MTBF rating & 5-year limited warranty
- Instant Secure Erase (ISE) & Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) options
- Enterprise and data center applications where capacity density and power efficiency are paramount
- Cloud & Hyperscale storage
- Massive scale-out high-density data centers (MSO)
- Bulk storage using object storage solutions like Ceph™ and Hadoop® to support Big Data Analytics
- Centralized video surveillance
- Drop-in ready for all mainstream enterprise capacity applications
Industry’s Best Capacity, Power Efficiency and Reliability Delivers Value to the Data Center
Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital delivers an exceptional capacity hard drive for the enterprise – Ultrastar DC HC510, previously known as Ultrastar He10 and part of our HC500 series of helium-filled hard drives. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar DC HC510 uses PMR technology and is the industry’s first 10TB drive that is drop-in ready for any enterprisecapacity application or environment. Based on field proven, third-generation HelioSeal® technology, it offers one of the lowest power profiles in the industry to help data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Targeted at 2.5M hours MTBF, the DC HC510 provides the highest reliability rating available of all HDDs on the market today by building on the successful design of its 8TB and 6TB predecessors. Trust Western Digital and Ultrastar DC HC510 to deliver more capacity, more efficiency, more reliability and more value to your data center.
HelioSeal® Technology Helps Solve Challenges Facing Next Generation Data Centers
Data centers are facing growing pressures. Data volume is expanding, operating costs are rising, yet budgets remain flat. Lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) has become the focus of data center architects and the Ultrastar DC HC510 provides the best value proposition and greatest storage efficiency available. Compared to our 8TB air-filled drives, this HelioSeal hard drive provides 25% more capacity, uses 28% less idle power, is 43% more power efficient (Watts/TB), and is 25% more reliable, rated at 2.5M hours MTBF. New features include a second-generation, dual-stage actuator— the Western Digital Micro-Actuator—enhancing head-positioning accuracy to deliver better performance, data integrity and overall drive reliability, especially in multi-drive environments where operational vibration is present. Refer to our technical brief to learn more. A choice of 6Gb/s SATA and 12Gb/s SAS interface enables easy integration into high performance data centers.
Data Durability and Security with Industry-Leading Quality and Reliability
As drive capacity grows beyond single-digit TBs, object storage systems with erasure coding provide better data durability compared to RAID systems, given its tolerance for simultaneous errors conditions. Ultrastar DC HC510 is a best-fit for object storage implementations given its massive capacity and industry-leading reliability rating. Compliance and privacy requirements drive the need for increased data security. Ultrastar DC HC510 offers security and encryption options to protect data from unauthorized use, including a new option for TCG support on some SATA models.
Western Digital Quality and Service
Ultrastar DC HC510 extends Western Digital’s long-standing tradition of performance and capacity leadership. The proven drive design enables high reliability and availability to customer data. Ultrastar quality, performance and world class technical service and support provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations. Ultrastar drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. Dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of devices and systems, Western Digital products help create environments for data to thrive.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.