The Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Disk Expansion Enclosures offer 12 Gbps SAS direct-attached storage expansion capabilities that are designed to provide simplicity, speed, scalability, security, and high availability for small to large businesses. The D1212 and D1224 deliver enterprise-class storage technology in a cost-effective solution with flexible drive configurations and RAID or JBOD (non-RAID) host connectivity.
The D1212 and D1224 expansion units are designed for a wide range of workloads, including big data and analytics, video surveillance, media streaming, private clouds, file and print serving, e-mail and collaboration, and databases. They also well-suited for software defined storage (SDS) and Windows Server solutions with Storage Spaces.
Did you know?
The D1212 and D1224 expansion enclosures offer flexible drive configurations with the choice of 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drive form factors, 10K or 15K rpm SAS and 7.2K rpm NL SAS hard disk drives (HDDs) and self-encrypting drives (SEDs), and SAS solid-state drives (SSDs).
With support for daisy chaining, the D1212 can be scaled up to 1.53 PB for capacity-optimized configurations with HDDs, and the D1224 can be scaled up to 192 drives for performance-optimized configurations.
The D1212 and D1224 expansion units support 12 Gbps SAS connectivity, which doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- Versatile, scalable storage expansion with dual Environmental service Module (ESM) configurations for high availability and performance
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs for direct attach storage with support for 12 Gb SAS RAID adapters for advanced data protection or 12 Gb SAS Host Bus Adapter (HBA) for maximum JBOD performance
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with support for 12x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) drives in the D1212 enclosure or 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the D1224 enclosure
- Scalability of up to 96 LFF or 192 SFF drives per RAID adapter or HBA with the attachment of up to eight D1212 or D1224 daisy-chained expansion enclosures, or a combination of both, to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance
- Flexibility in storing data on high performance SAS SSDs, performance-optimized enterprise SAS HDDs, or capacity-optimized enterprise NL SAS HDDs; mixing and matching drive types and form factors on a single RAID adapter or HBA to perfectly meet performance and capacity requirements for various workloads
- Self-encrypting drives with a supported RAID adapter allow clients to secure their sensitive data and to comply with various security regulations when required
- Support multiple host attachments and SAS zoning for storage partitioning
The D1212 and D1224 are designed to support the complete range of data storage requirements, from highly utilized applications to high-capacity, low usage applications.
The following 3.5-inch SAS drives are supported by the D1212 :
- High performance SSDs (10 drive writes per day [DWD]): 400 GB
- Mainstream SSDs (3 DWD): 800 GB
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline HDDs: 2 TB, 4 TB, 6 TB, 8 TB, 10 TB, 12 TB, 14 TB, and 16 TB 7.2K rpm
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline self-encrypting HDDs: 4 TB 7.2K rpm
The following 2.5-inch SAS drives are supported by the D1224 :
- Capacity optimized SSDs (1 DWD): 3.84 TB and 7.68 TB
- Mainstream SSDs (3 DWD): 800 GB and 1.6 TB
- High performance SSDs (10 DWD): 400 GB, 800 GB, and 1.6 TB
Performance-optimized, enterprise class HDDs
- 300 GB, 600 GB, and 900 GB 15K rpm
- 600 GB, 1.2 TB, 1.8 TB, and 2.4 TB 10K rpm
- Performance-optimized, enterprise class self-encrypting HDDs: 1.2 TB 10K rpm
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline HDDs: 1 TB and 2 TB 7.2K rpm
Additional drives and expansion units are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime (operating system dependent), helping to quickly and seamlessly respond to growing capacity demands.
The D1212 and D1224 expansion enclosures are designed to offer high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies :
- Dual ESMs provide redundant paths from a supported RAID controller to the drives in the enclosures for I/O load balancing and failover
- Dual-port drives (both HDDs and SSDs) with automatic drive failure detection and RAID rebuild with global hot spares with a supported RAID adapter
- Redundant hardware, including host ports, ESMs, and power and cooling modules (PCMs)
- Hot-swappable and customer replaceable components, including ESMs, PCMs, and drives
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.