- Up to 500GB of capacity on a single disk
- Advanced Format, industry standard 4K sector size
- 512 byte emulation
- 6Gb/s SATA interface
- Low power consumption
- Halogen-free for eco-friendly design
- Self-encrypting models for data security
- Enhanced-availability (EA) models for applications needing around-the-clock access in lowertransaction environments
- Notebook and ultra-portable PCs
- Compact desktop PCs
- External storage
- Gaming consoles
- Compact video devices
- Network routers (EA)
- Video surveillance (EA)
Rugged, 500GB Single-disk HDD Solution for Slim Mobile Applications
Travelstar® Z5K500 is the second generation 7mm, 5400 RPM 2.5-inch hard drive from HGST, with capacities ranging from 250GB to 500GB and the second generation Advanced Format drive. Advanced Format increases the physical sector size on HDDs from 512 bytes to 4,096 (4K) bytes, which improves drive capacities and error correction capabilities. The 500GB per platter, one-disk models are designed as a direct replacement for standard 9.5mm HDDs, for use in notebook PCs, external storage and gaming consoles, as well as new, thinner and more robust device designs. The Z5K500 offers low power consumption in an eco-friendly, halogen-free design. Travelstar Z5K500 delivers the right balance of capacity, power-management and design flexibility to meet the needs of mobile applications.
Data Security Option
Travelstar Z5K500 is the sixth generation self-encrypting drive (SED) to feature HGST’s Bulk Data Encryption (BDE). The SED model encrypts data in real time using protected keys, providing users the highest level of data protection available. It also speeds and simplifies drive re-purposing. By deleting the encryption key, the data on the drive is rendered unreadable, thereby eliminating the need for time-consuming data-overwrite. For information about the SED models designed to the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal Storage Security specification, please contact your HGST representative.
Enhanced Availability (EA)—for 24x7 Access to Data
HGST provides enhanced availability models of the Travelstar Z5K500 that deliver 24x7 access to information for data-intensive applications requiring round-the-clock operation. The new thinner profile allows for additional cooling, especially important in dense blade server designs. The Z5K500 provides high capacity, durability and quiet acoustics on a proven platform for quality and reliability. EA models support the stringent demands of “always-on” applications in lower-transaction environments.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.