- Excellent random & sequential performance
- Reliable, field-proven, 7th generation 5-disk design
- Compared to prior generation 7K4000 —50% more capacity1 (6TB vs. 4TB) —30% better power efficiency (Watts/TB) —Up to 3X faster random write performance using media cache technology —25% faster sequential read/write performance
- 12Gb/s SAS & 6Gb/s SATA —12Gb/s SAS compatible with next gen data centers; backwards compatible with 6Gb/s SAS
- 128MB cache buffer improves response time and data management
- Instant Secure Erase (ISE) & Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) options
- Advanced format 4Kn and 512e models up to 6TB; 512n format available in 4TB and 2TB capacities
- Cloud & Hyperscale storage
- Distributed Files Systems like Ceph™ and Hadoop® to support Big Data Analytics
- Video surveillance & content distribution
- Direct & Network Attached Storage (DAS & NAS)
- RAID arrays
- Massive scale-out data centers (MSO)
Increasing Capacity Density by 50%
As petabyte (PB) growth continues to increase at a rapid pace, corporate and cloud data centers are under extreme pressure to improve the efficiency of storage. To address this data center challenge, HGST introduces Ultrastar® 7K6000, delivering up to 6TB of capacity in an industrystandard, 3.5-inch hard drive, for capacity-optimized enterprise applications. Ultrastar 7K6000 provides 50% more capacity and 30% better power efficiency in terms of Watts per terabyte (W/TB) than its predecessor, Ultrastar 7K4000. The 7K6000 is designed for all traditional and rapidly growing scale-out storage applications, including object, block and file storage architectures, providing huge capacity, fast 7,200 RPM performance and economical $/TB acquisition cost.
Technology Innovation Improves Storage Efficiency
Ultrastar 7K6000 also delivers greater storage efficiency through high performance, achieving up to 3X higher random write performance, thanks to HGST media cache architecture, a diskbased caching technology, which provides a large non-volatile cache on the disk. Media cache also allows for improved reliability and data integrity during unexpected power loss. Other performance-enhancing features include higher areal density for 25% faster sequential performance vs. 7K4000, and a 128MB cache buffer. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, Ultrastar 7K6000 offers a 12Gb/s SAS (6Gb/s SATA) interface for easy integration into high performance data centers. As drive capacities increase, so does the time required to recover a failed drive in a RAID configuration. Dramatically reduce RAID rebuild times and maintain system performance during the rebuild process with the new Rebuild Assist. Learn more in our Rebuild Assist technical brief. For legacy systems that require native 512 formatting, models are available at 4TB and 2TB capacity points.
Data Security with Trusted Quality, Reliability
Compliance and privacy requirements drive the need for increased data security. Ultrastar 7K6000 helps protect data from unauthorized use by offering security and encryption options. Instant Secure Erase (ISE) models expedite drive redeployment and retirement. Encryption models protect data with hardware-based encryption, including a Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Enterprise_A, TCG with FIPS 140-2 certification, Level 2. The Ultrastar 7K6000 is a seventh generation, 5-platter design, field proven by top server and storage OEMs, and Internet giants, and extends HGST’s long-standing tradition of reliability leadership with a 2M-hour MTBF rating and a 5-year limited warranty
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.