- 2.0 million hours MTBF
- Up to 4 terabytes of capacity
- SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 6Gb/s models for configuration flexibility
- Advanced Format SATA with 512-byte emulation (512e)
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments
- 24x7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacityoptimized applications
- Cloud storage
- Massive Scale Out (MSO)
- Data warehousing & mining
- Disk-to-disk backup & archiving
- RAID arrays
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Delivering Industry-Leading Quality and Reliability
HGST Ultrastar® 7K4000 is the world’s first 4TB 7200 RPM hard drive with a 2.0 million hours MTBF specification and backed by a full 5-year warranty. Ultrastar 7K4000 represents the sixth-generation HGST 5-platter design, which has been field proven by top server and storage OEMs and Internet giants. Engineered for the highest quality, the Ultrastar 7K4000 is put through grueling design tests during development and must pass stringent ongoing reliability testing during manufacturing. Ultrastar 7K4000 delivers by reducing downtime, eliminating service calls and minimizing TCO.
Increasing Capacity Density by One Third
To deal with the explosive petabyte (PB) growth, data centers require large amounts of efficient storage. Reducing W/GB without expanding floor space is vital to lowering operating costs. To meet these demands, Ultrastar 7K4000 delivers 33% more capacity in the same footprint at 24% lower W/GB than its predecessor, Ultrastar 7K3000. Now you can get 2.4PB in the footprint of a standard 19-inch enterprise storage rack by stacking ten 4U, 60-bay enclosures. Ultrastar 7K4000 dual port SAS is available in traditional 512, 520 and 528 byte sector size. Ultrastar 7K4000 SATA is an Advanced Format drive, using 4096-byte sector size to provide enormous capacity earlier than otherwise possible for environments optimized for this technology. Advanced Format drives are backwards compatible with legacy 512-byte sector size by offering built-in 512-byte emulation through the SATA interface.
Combining 7200 RPM Performance and Granular Power Control
Operating at 7200 RPM, Ultrastar 7K4000 offers better overall performance than slower RPM capacity-oriented drives, and does so at impressively low power-consumption rates. The Ultrastar 7K4000 can help data centers achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements. With five Advanced Power Management modes, the 7K4000 achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low RPM idle mode, and uses less than 2W during standby/sleep modes, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
Innovating for a More Sustainable Environment
The Ultrastar 7K4000, with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, minimizes environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.
HGST Quality and Service
HGST’s Ultrastar 7K4000 extends the company’s longstanding tradition of performance and capacity leadership. The proven drive design enables high reliability and availability to customer data. Ultrastar quality, performance and world class technical support and service provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations. HGST drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. HGST is dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of HDD/SSD solutions to satisfy today’s monumental computing needs.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.