- (8) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Ports; (2) SFP Ports
- 13” Rackmount Supports 802.3af/at PoE & Total Budget of 130W
- 4 Types of In-Switch Network Management Options
- Network Troubleshooting, Monitoring & Email Alerts
The EWS5912FP is a Neutron Series Managed Wireless solution 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Layer 2 Switch with 2 Gigabit uplink ports and 2 Dual-Speed SFP ports for fiber uplinks. As part of an EnGenius Neutron Series wireless management solution, the EWS5912FP through its browser-based GUI (Graphical User Interface) can discover, configure, manage and monitor up to 20 Neutron Series Wireless Access Points.
The controller mode of the Switch provides a suite of wireless management features for IT managers to configure Neutron Series Access Points. Features include clustering Neutron Series Access Points in clusters with identical policies, Access Point IP Auto-Discovery, remote Access Point rebooting for hard-to-reach / previously deployed units, and a host of visual monitoring features including topology and floor plan view modes for the mapping out and tracking of networks. The controller also features a statistics section for record traffic tracking and comparison between units or over-time comparisons.
The interface also lets IT managers apply configuration changes to multiple Access Points or the entire network simultaneously. A dashboard provides instant access to a variety of clients, network information, and events, while a real time map displays Access Point locations and network topology for planning and deployment.
Managing the wired portion of the network is also easy using the same browser-based interface. The Switch supports IEEE 802.1p QoS which automatically classifies and prioritizes compliant device traffic to ensure that time sensitive data such as VoIP is forwarded without delay.
The Switch’s Gigabit Ethernet ports support IEEE 802.3at/af PoE and can supply up to 30 watts per port for a total PoE budget of 130 watts. The 8 Gigabit ports provide seamless connectivity for devices and applications that require high speed network access and reduce bottlenecks that can interrupt communication. The Switch’s two SFP slots accept fiber transceivers for extending the wired network beyond the limitation of Ethernet cabling. This is especially useful for schools with satellite classrooms, or for hotels and resorts, or other businesses with multiple building properties.
The EWS5912FP includes bracketing hardware for mounting into a switch rack.
Full-Featured Layer 2 Switches with WLAN Controller Built-In
EnGenius’ Neutron Gigabit Managed PoE+ Switches are a powerful, full-feature platform capable of managing up to 50 Neutron Managed Access Points. Available in 8-, 24- and 48-port Power-over-Ethernet-capable models, Neutron PoE+ Switches offer enterprise-class features, simplified network configuration, monitoring and robust management options. Neutron Gigabit Managed PoE+ Switches provide future expandability for broader device connectivity and redundant management between Neutron APs and ezMaster Network Management Software with it SmartSync Redundancy feature. Doubling as a switch and a wireless network controller, Neutron Switches give IT administrators visibility into all Neutron connected devices. Group equipment with the same settings and policies and apply them automatically for streamlined management updates.
Features and Benefits
- Scalable, Simple to Deploy, Use and Manage: Centralized management, quick setup through a web-based user interface. Supports management of up to 20 Neutron Series Access Points. Lets IT managers keep track of, map out, and plan the placement of Neutron Series Access Points and Switches in the network with a visual view of the topology as well as tools to search for and find Neutron Series Access Points via their IP or MAC address. Also gives IT managers and network administrators the visibility they need to monitor, manage and quickly adjust the settings or performance of their network in real time. The feature rich interface displays usage reports for real time and historical client connectivity to each Neutron Series Access Point as well as traffic flow and load over both wired and wireless portions of the network.
- PoE+ IEEE 802.3at/af Support: Enables PoE devices like Access Points, Client Bridges, IP Cameras, VoIP telephones and others to be powered directly from the Switch over an Ethernet cable. Up to 30 watts per port with a total PoE budget of 130 watts.
- 2 Dual-Speed SFP Ports: Includes 2 SFP ports to support transceivers for fiber cabling for connectivity to offices, buildings, or other parts of the network that exceed the distance capability of regular Ethernet
- Full-Featured Layer 2 Manageability: VLAN, QoS, IGMP/MLD Snooping, STP/RSTP/MSTP, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), SNMP v1/v2c/v3, and more.
- PoE Management: The Switch's User Interface allows IT managers the ability to allocate just the amount of wattage they need per port to power specific PoE client devices to conserve as much of their Neutron Series Switch’s total PoE budget as possible. Including more Neutron Series Switches to the network gives administrators the ability and versatility to substantially and rapidly scale their networks and to provide just the right Neutron Series Switch necessary to provide wireless connectivity or surveillance in a part of the network previously unserved
- Advanced Wireless Settings for Neutron Series Access Points: Supports Band Steering, Fast Handover and Guest Network features.
- Cluster Management: Setup and assign Access Points in clusters within your network to manage the group of Access Points as a single wireless network instead of a series of separate devices.
Power & Connect Mutliple Devices
Utilize the Neutron Gigabit Managed PoE+ Switch to optimize the installation and power management of network devices such as access points, IP cameras, and VoIP phones. Provide 802.3at/af PoE+ power and data on all ports and regulate power budgets according to device requirements.
High Performance Gigabit & Management Flexibility
Each of Neutron Gigabit Managed PoE+ Switch's Gigabit Ethernet ports ensures seamless, high-speed access for networked devices while reducing bottlenecks that can interrupt critical communications. The Switch offers the deployment and management flexibility needed to support both wired and wireless networks efficiently.
Simplified Network Management & Visibility
Achieve network management, visibility and troubleshooting locally through the Switch's onboard Web interface tools or remotely with ezMaster software. Its Network Topology view automatically maps the deployment, displaying device relationships across the infrastructure, and is useful for troubleshooting issues without manual tracking.
Wireless Device Management
Quickly discover, configure, and monitor Neutron EWS Access Points and manage up to 50 devices within the local subnet through the Switch's built-in wireless network controller features.
Centrally Manage the Wired & Wireless Network
Remotely manage Neutron EWS Access Points, Switches, and IP Cameras through ezMaster Network Management Software. Centrally manage hundreds of EWS devices across the network regardless of its size or location without licensing or subscription fees.
VLAN/Voice & Quality of Service
Segment the network by departments or traffic types for increased performance and security with 802.1Q VLAN. Prioritize compliant VoIP and video traffic using 802.1p Class of Service (CoS) ensuring high bandwidth, and time-sensitive data is forwarded immediately for clear, smooth voice and video delivery across the network.
Secure Guest Networks
Establish secure Guest Network VLANs that blocks access to central computers and limits Internet resources for visitors. Safeguard the network from sophisticated Trojans and malware that can use guests' mobile devices to attack it.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.