- One user can easily access up to eight computers that support VGA video with USB or PS/2 Keyboard and mouse.
- User port can support VGA Video and USB or PS/2 keyboards and mice.
- Support for VGA resolutions up to 1920 x 1440.
- Perfect for entry-level data centers.
- Choose the console mode by sliding a switch on the back panel.
- Save rack space - only 1U high!
- Supports Microsoft® IntelliMouse® (Pro).
- Operating system independent and transparent to all applications.
- Switch manually or use auto-scan, which selects servers sequentially.
- Assign unique names to servers.
- Save and store keyboard settings while switching.
- Hot-pluggable keyboard/mouse ports.
- Password protected.
- Plug-and-play configuration.
- DDC2B compatible.
The EC Series Desktop KVM Switch supports up to 8 VGA Video with USB or PS/2 Computers and allows the user to easily switch between them using keyboard hotkeys or front push buttons. The EC can be interfaced powered which allows the target computers to provide enough power via the K/M connections to run the switch when an external power supply is not used. The EC KVM supports special CPU cables that combine both video and K/M signals and are available in distances up to 15 feet.
Want the option of using either a PS/2 or USB console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) to control a number of PS/2 and/or USB servers? The ServSwitch™ EC KVM Switch series makes it possible.
Expand your system
With the ServSwitch EC KVM Switch for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles, 8-Port, switch among 8 servers from a single console. To expand your switching platform to include additional servers, simply cascade units in a master-slave configuration. Cascade up to 64 servers with the 8-port model. The ServSwitch EC is plug-and-play, so you can add or subtract servers almost as quickly as you can plug and unplug cables. Four- and 16-port models are also available, as are other models for PS/2 and/or USB switching; see Related Items.
Ideal for applications where you have a limited amount of space, the 1U-high ServSwitch EC KVM Switch can be used on the desktop or mounted in a rack or cabinet. Brackets are included. To save more space, the keyboard, monitor, and mouse circuitry is concentrated in a single HD15 connector at the server end. This way, you have fewer cables to install when making server connections.
A simple yet well-designed on-screen display (OSD) makes these switches very easy to use for managing server connections. You can assign 14-character server names that make sense to you. Switch between servers using front-panel buttons or hotkeys. Or you can let the switch do it automatically with its auto-scan function. The ServSwitch EC KVM Switch will scan and switch between servers, one by one, at an interval that you determine. When auto-scan detects any keyboard or mouse activity, it suspends the scanning until activity stops, and then resumes with the next computer in sequence.
Set it and forget it
System settings and name entries are stored in non-volatile memory so you don't have to worry about a power outage wiping out your information. The ServSwitch EC also saves your keyboard settings for each server and restores them when you come back to that machine.
The front panel includes port LEDs, which light with the corresponding active port when you switch between servers. You can also use the on-screen display to view the connection status on each port and lock servers from unauthorized users.
With video enhancement technology that ensures superb quality and resolutions up to 1920 x 1440, the ServSwitch EC KVM Switch is DDC2B compatible, so it can be used with the latest digital monitors. What's more, the switch is operating-system independent and transparent to all applications.
Shipping & Returns
- All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $75.
- Our promise is to deliver your item within a maximum of 8 business days.
- Shipped by our choice carrier.
- You can return your product up to 30 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.